• Community
  • Products
  • Crowd
  • Questions
  • where is class path defined for crowd installation ? I keep getting The specified class was not found in the class path

where is class path defined for crowd installation ? I keep getting The specified class was not found in the class path

Janeen Kedzierski January 5, 2012

I am doing a new installation of standalone crowd. I have an oracle10g database that i am using but i keep getting

The specified class was not found in the class path-- for Driver Class Name i have entered classes12,jar

i have put the file classes12.jar in {CROWD_INSTALL}/apache-tomcat/lib

it has the correct permissions so it is readable. I don't know where class path is being defined or where it is being used from.

Thanks

I am stuck at the installation of crowd now

Janeen Kedzierski

2 answers

1 vote
Elvir Hadzic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2012

Have you tried the following as class name?

oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Never used Crowd with Oracle myself (using MS SQL) but according to the following page this seems to be the class name for oracle drivers (I know the link is for Crowd ID but the class name should be the same never the less): http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Oracle+for+CrowdID

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2012

The correct place to put the jar files are in apache-tomcat\lib as you have done. So if the above classname doesn't help, try posting the exception from the logs you are getting and we can probably help further

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events