where do I specify outward and inward descriptions for References?

Karla Russell October 11, 2017

This is no doubt a "newb" question.

The documentation states: "You can name the reference, specify an outward and inward description.  But in the General Config References tab all I see is "Name" and "Description".

I'm assuming these should be working as issue links to wrt outward and inward descriptions.

Thanks for you help!

Karla

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2017

Yes, the references in Insight works similar to links in JIRA. The description you see under References applies to both the outward and inward link, they are not separated like an issue link is.

Ah.  Thank you.  The documentation doesn't actually say that.  :)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2017

Admin -> links.

When you link an issue to another, you just select the type of link.  The link type holds the incoming and outgoing descriptions.

For example, a link type may be:

Type:  Dependency

Outgoing: Depends on

Incoming: is depended on by

So you can form the sentences ABC-123 is depended on by DEF-456, and DEF-456 Depends on ABC-123

I'm referring specifically to Insight "References" not to standard issue links.

For Example, out of the box, Insight includes 5 references.  Only one of these share a name with a standard issue link and I'm assuming that's not deliberate.

One of the Insight References is named "Financial" and that's its description too.

According to the Insight documentation I should be able to edit the outward and inward links.  But I can't even see them.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events