when I try to install stash, I am getting the following error from http://localhost:7990/unavailable

Using the stash v 1.3.0

A fatal error has occurred

The following problem occurred which prevents Atlassian Stash from starting correctly:

The Spring WebApplicationContext could not be started

6 answers

1 vote

Hi Baran,

Thanks for contacting us there. It seems that you've encountered a known issue of which we have a Knowledge Base article written up for.

The work around and KB article is written up here, please follow it and let me know how that goes:

The Spring WebApplicationContext could not be started

Hope this helps!

Cheers, Vicky.

I received the same error message when upgrading from ver 1.2.2 to ver 1.3.0. I confirmed that STASH_HOME did not have a trailing slash and that /etc/hosts contained "localhost". This was on CentOS 5. Are there any other possible causes for this error?

I received the same error message when upgrading from ver 1.2.2 to ver 1.3.0. I confirmed that STASH_HOME did not have a trailing slash and that /etc/hosts contained "localhost". This was on CentOS 5. Are there any other possible causes for this error?

I have the same issue, and not tralining slash..... This on CentOS 6

OSX 10.7.5
oracle JVM

java version "1.7.0_40"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_40-b43)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.0-b56, mixed mode)

R A solution link is 404

Have followed all links and suggestions, still doesn't work

We are keen to get a Stash installation up and running for evaluation purposes and are experiencing this issue with 2.8.3 and 2.8.4. A support ticket (SSP-2769) has been opened with the specifics and we would love to get the issue resolved as quickly as possible.

So; I guess I'll just have to wait as I'm in the same situation.

I believe that the cause issue for me was that ImageIO/JAI was not installed correctly.

For Linux/Windows this should be pretty easy to solve, but I had a harder time with OSX.

I solved it on OSX in one way, but it probably isn't the best and will fight with ImageIO/JAI another day:

vi /usr/local/atlassian-stash/atlassian-stash/WEB-INF/spring-mvc-servlet.xml
<!-- JSR-303 (bean validations) support will be detected on classpath and enabled automatically -->
<mvc:annotation-driven validator="validator">
<mvc:message-converters>
<!-- HACK REPLACED <bean class="org.springframework.http.converter.BufferedImageHttpMessageConverter"/> -->
<bean class="org.springframework.http.converter.ByteArrayHttpMessageConverter"/>
</mvc:message-converters>
</mvc:annotation-driven>

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Friday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: Dry T-Shirt Competition - What's your BEST (Atlassian) T-Shirt!?

[Note: So it was my turn for Friday Fun and sadly I was sick thanks to rubbish sinus infection... so apologies to most of Europe and Asia for the delayed post. However, I finally got out of bed for t...

162 views 9 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you