what field type is description (default field)

peter novak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2012

hello, i want to create custom field "test steps", that could use forrmatted text, like description (defualt field). So i can use preview on this field. what field type should i use?

thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2012

Free format text.

The description field is not really of that type, it's a type of its own, but it is close to free-format text.

What you need to do after you add the free-format text field is change the "renderer" from plain text to markup. That will get you the markup behaviour and the preview.

peter novak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2012

i changed renderer (in field configuration) to Wiki Style Renderer and it works :), thx

peter novak
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2012

and field type i used Free Text Field (unlimited text)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events