want to move my hosted jira from google apps

simon butler October 4, 2012

i'd like to use hosted confluence+jira at our startup. we signed up for hosted jira as part of our google apps account but can't find a way to add confluence from google apps. they seem to want us to use google sites which frankly, kind of sucks

what is the best way to set this up? should i move our hosted jira out of google apps and login directly via the atlassian site?

thx

note that this is related to the hosted version of jira/confluence, not the installed versions

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
simon butler November 10, 2012

ok - i'd also like to start using greenhopper with our jira ondemand account but that app doesn't show up in the list of apps in our google apps page.

could i speak to someone live about this? its getting a little frustrating and is slowing down our deployment of atlassian tools at our company

ok - i'd also like to start using greenhopper with our jira ondemand account but that app doesn't show up in the list of apps in our google appa page.

could i speak to someone live about this? this is slowing down our deployment of atlassian tools.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2012

Look under Jira's plugin area. Greenhopper is not an application but a plugin

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/GreenHopper+Installation+and+Upgrade+Guide

i did look at that. greenhopper is listed as one of the installed plugins and i'm instructed to add the license - see this link.. http://cl.ly/KoyD

but when i go to that page it tells me to login to my.atlassian.com to add the license but i don't have a my.atlassian.com account. this jira instance was created via google apps which does not create a my.atlassian.com account.

there's no way to add a greenhopper license from google apps, no access to a my.atlassian.com account to add the license that way. this seems like a badly thought out system!

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2012

I would try the first user credentials created during the installation process or contact Atlassian to find out your account information. I do not know if this will work or not, but you can create an my.atlassian.com account, but I do not know if you get a greenhopper license without having a Jira license.

I tried the original user credentials to login to my.atlassian.com but this user wasn't recognized. from what i can tell setting up atlassian onDemand means that you cannot manage your atlassian licenses directly (using my.atlassian.com), you have to do this via google apps and google apps doesn't include greenhopper..

0 votes
Thiago Ribeiro
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2012

Hi Simon,

Google Apps integration only works with Jira OnDemand so if you have two separate account one JIra OnDemand and one Confluence OnDemand your best option would be to migrate them into one (Jira OnDemand with Confluence) and you will be able to use Google Apps integration on both.

Suggest an answer