user picker from project role fields disabled due to SVN plugin?

we are using JIRA 5.1.4 where we have the JIRA Subversion plugin (v and the User Picker from Project Role - Issue alternative assigne plugin (v 1.7.0 for JIRA 5.1) Installed. When we restart JIRA, the custom fields of type User picker from project role are disabled (we dont see them in custom fields list and when we check the screens with these fields there is message that these fileds are invalid or disabled). We tried to find out what the cause of this problem could be and came to conclusion, that this strange behavior is caused by the JIRA Subversion plugin. What actually helped us was to disable and enable the plugin and the user picker from project role fields were enabled.

Has anyone experienced similar problem? If so, did you manage to find another soulution that disabling/enabling the subversion plugin after each restart?

2 answers

1 accepted

what helped was to stop JIRA, delete the directory JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\ and restart JIRA.

0 vote

I don't think they are related... I have been using both plugins for ages and never had a problem.

What happens when you enable the "issue alt assgnee" plugin, then restart - does it become disabled again after restart?

Check your logs to see if there is anything about this plugin in there....

Hi Jamie,

thanks for interest. I dont need to enable the issue alt assignee plugin itself- the plugin is always enabled. Just the fields are not. To get them back i need to disable and enable the SVN plugin (just disabling will do the work, but we want to use it again of course)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

189 views 12 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot