user count exceeded but users disabled and removed from global can use flag

Deleted user September 24, 2012

My confluence systems states I have 101 liscensed users. I only have 86 users who are actually active and 73 users with the can use global permission set. I do have 18 disabled users, but they are not in groups. What is wrong? This is very very very confusing and impacting my community

1 answer

1 vote
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2012

Hi Paul,

Confluence calculates the license by counting active users that have CAN USE permission, bellow you have some queries that may help you to understand which user is counting towards the license:

• Show active users with CAN USEpermission:
    select distinct u.user_name, count(*) as "Number of groups with can-use that this user is member" from cwd_user u
    join cwd_membership m on u.id=m.child_user_id join cwd_group g on m.parent_id=g.id join cwd_directory d on d.id=g.directory_id
    where g.group_name in (SELECT PERMGROUPNAME FROM SPACEPERMISSIONS WHERE PERMTYPE = 'USECONFLUENCE') AND u.active = 'T' group by u.user_name;

• Show the list of group for active users with CAN USEpermission:
    select u.id, u.user_name, g.group_name, d.directory_name from cwd_user u
    join cwd_membership m on u.id=m.child_user_id join cwd_group g on m.parent_id=g.id join cwd_directory d on d.id=g.directory_id
    where g.group_name in (SELECT PERMGROUPNAME FROM SPACEPERMISSIONS WHERE PERMTYPE = 'USECONFLUENCE') AND u.active = 'T';

• Show active users with ADMINISTRATECONFLUENCE or SYSTEMADMINISTRATORpermissions:
    select u.id, u.user_name, g.group_name, d.directory_name from cwd_user u
    where g.group_name in (SELECT PERMGROUPNAME FROM SPACEPERMISSIONS WHERE PERMTYPE IN ('ADMINISTRATECONFLUENCE','SYSTEMADMINISTRATOR')) AND u.active = 'T';

I hope this helps

Cheers

Thomas Bröker September 23, 2013

But where do I remove the 'Can use' permission? I have deactivated some users and removed them from any group. But they are still counted against the licenced users.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events