upgrading from 3.13.2 to 4.4.5 using the atlassian-jira-4.4.5-x64.bin fails

Arthur Gorman October 15, 2012

I'm in the process of upgrading from jira 3.13.2 to 4.4.5 using the atlassian-jira-4.4.5-x64.bin script and i get the following error :

An error occurred when parsing your installation directory. Unfortuantely the installer will be unable to continue with the automated upgrade.

Finishing installation ...

I'm trying this on a test server. i want to upgrade our production server in a few weeks but need to test to ensure it will work. I know 3.13.2 is old but it's been running fine but now we want to integrate more options and need to get tot he latest. need to go to 4.4.5 before upgrading to 5.X

3 answers

1 vote
Robert Hesketh September 30, 2014

Was there any resolution to this issue?

1 vote
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2012

I would start by identifying interim versions to upgrade through.

If I was upgrading from 3.13, I'd first upgrade to 4.0.x, then to 4.4.x (Not sure if you have to step through 4.2 or 4.3 first thought) Others may confirm

0 votes
Anandhi A April 21, 2014

Hi,

I have got the same problem while upgrading from 3.11 to 4.4.5. Can you please let me know what solution you applied?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer