Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade 3.5-> 4.3.2 (windows) how to safely switch to running tomcat as a service

Linda Petty November 12, 2012

Hi

I've just done a test upgrade confluence 3.5-> 4.3.2

My question is how can I safely switch to running tomcat as a service from running it in a command window?

I upgraded on the TEST server using the intaller. At the end I got a warning not to close the windows cmd window that had opened running TOMCAT.

Then I tested the TEST site all good.

On the live site we run TOMCAT as a service so on the TEST site I needed to switch. So I closed the tomcat cmd window and started the Apaches tomcat service setting it to start automatically in future (it had not been running and was set to manual).

After that on dashboard.action I see a 404 error where the recent activity was showing before. I edited a page but still got the 404 on dashboard.action

How can I safely switch to tomcat as service??

thanks!!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2012
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2012

It is relevent to 4.3.2 as well.

OK that's great. Many thanks!!

OK Thanks Jobin, I looked at this. But at the top it says

"Confluence Latest – This documentation is for Confluence OnDemand and Confluence 5.0 developer (EAP) releases only." so I assumed it wouldn't be relevant to v4.3.2.

Can you confirm this actually revelant to v4.3.2?

Many thanks!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events