Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to login to crowd interface

Jason Horn January 23, 2013

we are currently getting an error trying to login to crowd console. error is The SSO domain setting for Crowd Console is invalid. Please go here for instructions on resetting the SSO domain value. the linked page (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD024/Resetting+the+Domain+Cookie+Value) suggests we should empty out the cwd_property.property_value for the domain property_name. That sounds a little scary to me, would like to have more guidance on this so that we can login to Crowd console again.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2013

Hi Jason,

I understand your concern, this message appears when you are accessing Crowd through a different URL than the URL configured for your SSO domain.

Alternatively to the instruction at the KB, you could execute the following query and identify what is the URL currently set as SSO domain, than you'd just need to access Crowd through that URL.

select * from cwd_property where property_name = 'domain';

Also, just to let you know, in case you happen to need to reset the SSO domain, I've followed the KB procedure more than once and it's pretty safe. You just need to be sure to have a database backup in case of any non planed issue during the database modification (such as an outage) and restart your Crowd instance after it's done.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events