take multiple word pages when view an issue with word document

azfa November 21, 2012

When viewing my issue in word document i need multiple word pages to show the details...

for example... in 1st page only title

in 2nd page document history

in 3rd page issue details..

How can i get the multiple word pages. I adjust the coding in my .vm file by putting <br>. Now multiple word pages coming. But the problem is when user add som thing to document history issue details are going down. I need a solution for this?

2 answers

0 votes
mwarton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013

Hi Azfa,

If you are looking for more control over the layout and information in your Word exports, you may want to check out Intelligent Reports. It allows you to create your export template in Word itself, so you can easily insert page breaks exactly where you want them and Word will make sure the pages are laid out correctly. Intelligent Reports is also much easier to use than defining custom velocity templates to export your data, and can be used for other things like progress reports, release notes, SLA reports and time sheets.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2012

Could you explain what you mean by "issue details are going down" and maybe show us where you inserted the <br> in the template?

Suggest an answer