setup MSSQL server for Jira

lynn lynn March 7, 2013

At the setup wizard, i try to test the connection to MsSQL 2005 DB, error prompt with Login failed for user 'jirauser'. This user acct is able to login to DB successfully. Pls assist on how to resolve it?

2 answers

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2013

Hi Lynn,

Could you check if your SQL Server have TCP/IP enabled? You can check this by going to your 'SQL Server Network Configuration' dropdown in youor SQL Server COnfiguration Manager. There, check if it's enabled, as well as if it's listening to the correct IP.

Cheers,

Joe

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2013

This is quite a difficult one to debug. You say "the user account can log into the database", but you don't say how, where from, or what tool(s) you are using to test this connection.

However you are testing this though, can you try it from the machine that Jira is installed on? Does that work? If so, then you need to compare that login with what you have told the Jira installation.

lynn lynn March 7, 2013

My SQL2005 and Jira is installed on the same server. I tried to connect to SQL2005 using SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the DB using jirauser and this user account can connect to Jira DB. If there any documents where i can re-install the SQL2005 DB and connect Jira to this SQL2005 DB? THks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2013

Ok, then your connection settings in Jira are wrong. You need to get them right - reinstalling the database won't help you if you're getting the settings incorrect.

Read the Jira log and the database security log - those should tell you what is going wrong (having the database on the same machine makes this a little easier, as you can rule out networking type issues)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events