searching for questions with a only stash tag

jcurleyWR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2014

I want to search the answer database for a question that is specific to stash. I go to advanced query put in the stash tag and my key question sql query path, and it returns 100's of items from every tag in creation.

How do I limit the search to ONLY the stash tag?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2014

Not sure why it doesn't work. You can also enter tags directly in the Quick Search bar by surrounding them with brackets.

For instance:

installation [stash]

returns all questions regarding installation that have the 'stash' tag.

jcurleyWR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2014

Try this query: query sql repository path [stash].

Maybe adding too many key words confuses it.

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2014

Weird.

No I think what's happening, just by playing with it, that when it runs out of results (eg. it doesn't find any matches) then it opens up the query. If you run "query sql repository path [stash]" you get one result, and if you keep adding words from that result it's fine (eg. "query sql repository path rest call add [stash]."). But if you add "foo" or anything that isn't part of that result it then shows everything.

Not sure if that's a feature or bug. I'll ping the Answers team and see what they say.

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2014

I'm not sure, but I think this might be a "feature":

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ANSWERS-675

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2014

Yep, looks like this is actually a "feature" - Answers will broaded your search if your search was going to return 0 results.

If you think this should change, feel free to suggest improvements on our issue tracker: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ANSWERS

jcurleyWR
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2014

I created: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ANSWERS-1300.

Thank you for your help. Now I understand what is going on, behind the scenes.

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2014

Hi John,

You might want to add the 'answers' tag, I don't really know how to do the query you're asking. Personally I just use Google and specify "site:answers.atlassian.com", but not sure if that will be accuate enough.

Charles

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events