report : signed, spent and remaining time on a specific period

marcelalexandre26 February 16, 2016

Hello,

I would like create a report on a specific period with a start date and an end date, or weekly or monthly.

On this period I would like know :

• the signed time (original estimate)
  • the time spent (including subtasks)
  • the remaining time (including subtasks)

I try to perform that with All-In-One JIRA Reports plugin without success. So please tell me if you know how do that or if I have to install an other plugin or for all other technique.

Thank you for your help.

2 answers

0 votes
marcelalexandre26 February 17, 2016

Hi,

Thank you for your answer Lauma.

I try yet eazyBI plugin but I have some problems. Firstly, I would like for the original estimated hours the variation between two mounth. In your example, in February it worth 71.5h and in March 199h, so I want for March 199-71.5 = 127.5h and not 199h.

Furthermore, for the original estimated hours the value correspond to the first date I specify an original estimated hours. If I modify it after, that continue to take the first date and not the modification date.

Concerning the remaining hours, if I make a work at another date than today, that will not take specified date but today date.

Thank you for your help.

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2016

Hi Alexandre,

The Original estimated hours on timeline are grouped based on Issue creation date (see https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/Data+model#Datamodel-Measures). 

So, in the example, there are several issues created in February with total original estimated hours of 71.5h. For the issues created in March the total original estimate is 199h. The March estimate does not include issues that were created in February. Nevertheless, you could calculate the variance with following calculated member 

[Measures].[Original estimated hours] -
([Time].CurrentHierarchy.PrevMember, [Measures].[Original estimated hours])

Also, we do not currently import the Original estimated hours change based on the date it is changed. If the Original estimate is changed, it shows the new value as originally estimated on timeline whenever issue was created.
But it would be possible to import the original change with custom JavaScript calculated member. If you would need assistance with this, please let me know more details of how you would like to show this - continuous line of Original estimate changing over time or how much Original estimate was on the first date it was specified, and how much it is on the date it was changed.

Kind regards,
Lauma / support@eazybi.com 

marcelalexandre26 February 17, 2016

Original estimated hours change problem is fixed, thank you.

Concerning, original estimated hours modification date, I will look JavaScript calculated member.

Concerning remaining estimated hours date at work date, it's also possible with JavaScript calculated member ?

Thank you for your help.

0 votes
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2016

Hi Alexandre,

Please take a look at eazyBI report creation add-on for JIRA. With eazyBI you can create custom reports based on JIRA data.

Here is an example report that shows Original estimated hours, Hours spent and how many hours were remaining by the end of selected time period. You can select on what time you wish to see data in Time dimension / All hierarchy level members. Also, I have added a filter to the time by clicking on x-axis. 

Let me know if you have any questions regarding eazyBI!

Kind regards,
Lauma / support@eazybi.com 

Suggest an answer