reply mail is not added as comment in issue created by "Create a new issue or add a comment ..." mail handler

Hi team,

I have a problem with the "Create a new issue or add a comment ..." Incoming Mail handler that I have setup to create an issue from a mail.
I have setup an incoming mail handler on a development box, then exported the "build in" database in an xml file, then imported the xml file in a pre-production server with a SQL Server 2003 database.
So the JIRA setting are the same, but there is differences of configuration mainly in the below points

DEV
Java Version 1.6.0_26
JVM Implementation Version 20.1-b02
Database type hsql
Database JNDI address hsql jdbc:hsqldb:C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA/database/jiradb
Database URL jdbc:hsqldb:C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA/database/jiradb
Database version 1.8.0
Database driver HSQL Database Engine Driver 1.8.0
JIRA Version 5.1.4
JIRA Build Number 783

PREPRD
Java Version 1.6.0_35
JVM Implementation Version 20.1-b02
Database type mssql
Database JNDI address mssql jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://nbswsrv011:1433/jiraGVA
Database URL jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://nbswsrv011:1433/jiraGVA
Database version 09.00.3077
Database driver jTDS Type 4 JDBC Driver for MS SQL Server and Sybase 1.2.4
JIRA Version 5.2.2
JIRA Build Number 843

In the DEV environment, when I do a reply to a mail that has created an issue, let say issue TR-64 for instance (note that I only do a reply to the mail, I do not input the issue id in the title or in the body of the mail) the reply mail get added as a comment to the origin issue TR-64

In PREPRD environment, when I do the same reply, it created a new issue, let say TR-65.
How can this appear, is it due to the difference of JIRA version between DEV and PREPRD ? I need the behaviour in DEV environent to work, how to replicate it in my PREPRD environment.

Regards,

Julien

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Joe Wai Tye Atlassian Team Jan 14, 2013

Hi Julien,

It seems that you are facing a known bug, https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-30293. This bug only affects JIRA starting from JIRA 5.2, so that would explain the difference between your DEV and PROD instances.

It also matches the description of the situation that you are facing.

The bug is fixed in JIRA 5.2.3, so, if possible, please upgrade to JIRA 5.2.3.

Thanks a lot for your answer Joe. We will test that.

Can you confirm this issue is happening in

Version 6.0-OD-02

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Uncategorized

Friday fun: how many celebrates Midsummer holiday or is this a Swedish tradition only?

Any other country that celebrates Midsummer holiday (this friday 22 June)?  

30 views 3 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you