"Cancelled" items still show up in a filter of "Unresolved" items.

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2015

If I go look at my Resolutions in the admin panel, "Cancelled" is listed there.  In the Statuses list, "Cancelled" is also there and the category is "Complete".  Why do I still have two issues that are cancelled showing up in my filter of unresolved items?  How can I fix this?

2 answers

2 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2015

I'll assume you're talking about JIRA and not Confluence as the tags on your question suggest.

Your issues that have the status cancelled, but not the resolution cancelled will still show up as unresolved. To make sure the resolution cancelled applies automatically, I suggest you add a post-function in the transition to your cancelled status so that the resolution is always added, so nobody forgets.

The category of the status has no bearing on the resolved/unresolved state. They're only used for some plugins I think.

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2015

/facepalm I updated the tags. Also, I think this makes sense. I'll see if I can fix it.

Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2015

It should be straightforward enough. A good practice is to have a transition screen to your Resolved status (or equivalent for you), so that users pick the correct resolution, and a post-function that clears the resolution in case of a reopen.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2015

The status is a red-herring, there's no direct technical relationship between status and resolution (we tend to manufacture one in config, and that's a good thing, but JIRA mostly won't do it for you)

Have a look at the two issues - what is their "resolution" field set to? 

Suggest an answer