"Assign to current user" Post-function doesnt work in some cases

Dan Shebunin February 19, 2013

I tried to configure following scenario:

-User (developer) creates an issue in GreenHopper Scrum backlog

-Jira automatically assigns the issue to current user - the creator in this case

For this:

-I turned OFF unassigned issues

-Added to Create transition of business-process Assign to current user Post-function - at the end of Post-functions list.

Jira assigns automatically issue to creator and allows to create issue unless he don't fills Components field. When he fills Components, Jira disallows creation with error User have not Assignable permission or Unassigned is disabled.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

You've probably set up a component lead. Usually if the assignee is set to "Automatic" and the component is set to "Standard component lead" issues are bein assigned to the component lead. Maybe the component lead doesn't have the "assignable users" permission. I'd guess that JIRA first tries to assign the issue to component lead, and fails before even trying to fire your post function...

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

yeah additionally to what christian said you may want to use permission helper

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2013

Maybe that's the thing... Default assignee is "Unassigned" but you turned OFF unassigned issues...

All components are unassigned for Default Assignee.

I used Permission helper and it says, that user have Assign Issues and Assignable User permissions for specified issue and project.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2013

can you post the postfunctions from that transition please?

this confuses me:

-Added to Create transition of business-process Assign to current user Post-function - at the end of Post-functions list.

i don't think you can add a postfunction to the end of this list. otherwise it will bypass the function

"Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database"

which is almost at the end...the last postfunction is

"Fire a <some name here> event that can be processed by the listeners."

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2013

what christian says sounds logical to me :)

if you want to keep this you should at least set the default assignee to Project-Lead and update the components to use the same

Yep! You're right! I changed unassigned for each component to Project Lead by default and it works.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events