puppet-installation of bonfire

Rene Rath March 13, 2013

I intend to install bonfire on the IE, FF and Chrome browsers of all my colleagues. For FF and Chrome, I didn't find a handy way to automatically install these plugins through Loginscript/Puppet/GPO. And for IE, I found out that - performing the installation in silent mode („msiexec /i bonfire.msi /quiet“ as SYSTEM-User during system startup via puppet), not all installation steps are being done. This results in some of the add-ons being missed or deactivated after the installation. Users then first of all have to go to the add-on section and find and activate those (multiple) add-ons. A safe way to ensure a low acceptance right from the start ;-)

Who has already rolled out bonfire for IE in a windows network and how?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2013

Since all the new browsers releases comes with some kind of Add-on installation protection, I believe that unattended installations are not possible in some cases. Maybe Chrome Developers documentation give us some help on this: https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/packaging.html.

Lucas Lima

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events