public knowledgebase

James Talkington November 18, 2013

I have a private wiki that is for internal operations and Engineering only.

There are some instances where the information we gather becomes procedural and we would like to publish it to an external wiki/FAQ/or general product-based Knowledgebase for Tier-1 customers and troubleshooting. We cannot host this on our internal Confluence/Jira system. Is there a good plugin or externally hosted solution that works best for this, with minimal cost/setup? Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2013

Hi James,

I would actually recommend that you configure another Confluence instance for this purpose because if it's just for displaying externally then you wouldn't need many users to update the instance and therefore a $10 starter license, (with 10 users), would give you enough users to update the instance and you could transfer the content from one instance to the other without too many problems. Of course you would need sufficient server space for the second instance but assuming this is available then that would be the option I would pursue.

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer