possible error ? when updating

Morten Hundevad August 21, 2012

Got email about the security problem so i updated

The error do happen.

An unexpected error occurred. Please refer to the logs for more information.

and

The JIRA server could not be contacted. This may be a temporary glitch or the server may be down.

What log should i look at? not sure if this is even critical since the update is happening.

The update of the plugin do happen

2 answers

1 vote
Stuart Ness August 27, 2012

Based on the date of your post, I am guessing you are talking about Greenhopper and the security advisory that was sent out.

I recently had the same issue with my Greenhopper 6.0.1 plugin. I found a reference to this article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/Upon+Upgrade+to+GreenHopper+6.0.1+the+Agile+Menu+Generates+an+Error

As the article mentions you would look at the atlassian-jira.log to confirm, but at this time, the workaround is to restart jira.

0 votes
David Toussaint [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2012

I'm sorry but you may need to provide more Info on that in order to give us a chance to provide helpfull answers.

Stuff like which application are you trying to update, which versions, things like that...

Suggest an answer