no access with Firefox 18

Nils Lange February 7, 2013

Hello,

since this morning, I can't get access to jira db via Firefox 18, with IE 9 no problem.

Yesterday it works with both programs :(

Has anyone any idea where the problem is?

greeting Nils

System: Windows 7

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nils Lange February 13, 2013

Thanks for the answers.

First, I tried the Jira URL with FF. I saw the Website but I could not login, no error message appeared. With IE9 no problems to get access.

I did not changed the Jira but something in the FF configuration. I changed in FF to 'no cookies'.

That's the problem. When you will work with Jira via browser, cookies must be allowed in webbrowser.

Nils

1 vote
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2013

Which error do you get? Did you tried clearing your browser cache?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2013

What do you mean by "access to jira db"? What are you trying - the actual Jira url or something else?

The obvious question is what did you change that broke it? Any server changes? Something on your client machine? Alex's answer is the first thing to try on your machine, but if it doesn't help, you'll need to do some investigating on both ends. Can other people still get to it?

abapman February 13, 2013

Same problem with me - i.e.: When I access my Jira Server using https://myserver..etc I get empty screen widgets "Introduction" and "Login". No possibility to enter my credentials (using Firefox 18.0.2).

My Jira Server's version is v5.1.5.

Everything fine with IE 9, and Opera 12.14.

Client OS is Win7 Pro 64bit.

I re-checked cookie settings in Firefox, and deleted all cookies for my jira server. No success. Using other browsers for now.

*Edit* -- Clearing the browser cache fixed my problem! Alex, tx

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events