migration confluence: standalone 3.2 to ondemand 4.1?

Hello,

How can I export my data from confluence standalone 3.2 and import them to confluence ondemand 4.1?

On this page ( https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Importing+wiki+data ),it is explained, but it works only when the confluence version are the same.

Thanks for your help

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Mathieu,

It is correct that for importing Confluence data the versions of the products must me the same verison. In order to import your data we advise to install a temporary Confluence (with a trial license) that is the same version as the one used in OnDemand. Then you can import your data (complete import) into this version and from there create the space backups that are compatible.

Another option is to upgrade your local Confluence directly which I can understand is not the most appealing solution.

I hope this answers your question, If you have any additional questions let us know.

Thanks for your answer Bastiaan!

Juste to be sure I understand:

The OnDemand do not have a "complete import" function? Is it why I have to use a new local confluence installation to migrate?

You are completely right Mathiue. Please see the following page that shows all possible data imports into the OnDemand environment: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Importing+Data

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in United States

Local Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th

We're looking for participants for another workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sh...

78 views 0 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you