mentions fails

Mick Davidson December 1, 2011

Hello,

I've been testing using @mentions but they aren't working if I use them in a page in Edit mode.

I've tried this three times now and none of the testees have recieved an email notification. This has nothing to do with permissions as I deliberately chose the pages and users to avoid this.

All I am doing is opening the page in Edit mode, entering @, then selecting the user's name from the list, then saving the page.

In my experiments I have done all this and then both left and deselected Notify Watchers - doing either makes no difference, the notifications don't arrive.

This isn't an email problem either as I've used the same users every time and they have recieved emails when I've mentioned them in comments however. :)

Cheers.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mick Davidson May 10, 2012

We seem to have fixed this issue by re-indexing AND re-staring Confluence.

We did that and a few days later ran a test involving four users and eight sets of @mentions.

All of the users received the mention.

I tried it on another user this morning and he received it within minutes.

I've closed my Atlassian support ticket and consider the matter resolved, thanks to everyone for your help and input.

Cheers.

0 votes
Mick Davidson December 4, 2011

FYI: our system is hosted by a 3rd party but I've retested this today and it has worked but only once out of at least five attempts.

0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2011

Hey Mick,

That is definitely weird - the mentions should work in comments as well as in a page edit. Are you using auto-complete to select the username for the mention?

You may want to file a support ticket for more in-depth technical help with this issue:

http://support.atlassian.com

-Simon

Simon,

thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I am using autocomplete. I'll try it again today and if it still fails, I'll raise it as a support issue.

Cheers

OK, after yet mroe testing, here's what I've found:

1. if you have a series of @<username> - for example: @<user1> @<user2> @<user3> - then this doesn't work.

2. if you have them on seperate lines, ie,
@<user1>

@<user2> - then is works, although the notifications take up to an hour to arrive.

Has anyone else got any thoughts on this? I.e. have you sued them and if so, what is your experience?

Cheers,

SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2011

Mey Mick, this may be a problem with your hosting provider or spam filters, but I would file a support ticket anyway. There is no harm in doing so and it is included with the license. We can get to the bottom of it!

Mick Davidson March 21, 2012

This is still on-going for us, but we think it might be something to do with Outlook.

Has anyone else had this sort of problem and were you able to find what's causing it in Outlook?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events