make field required on Resolve Issue Screen,while on edit screen of 'Resolved Status' ,the field is optional.

fabby August 5, 2012

i have set the field "Fix Versions" required when Resolve Issue.

for an issue with "Resolved" as its Status,people can still remove the field "Fix Versions" on editing issue screen.

so i want to make "Fix Versions" still be required when editting an issue if the issue's Status is "Resolved".

anyone can give some ideas?my jira version is 4.4.1.

thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
fabby August 15, 2012

use Behaviours plugin ,

add workflow step for 'when' condition

0 votes
Neethu Jose May 7, 2014

Can any one tell me how to make a custom field required only on resolve issue screen??

juan.casati@pedidosya.com June 30, 2020

I need that too

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2012

That's a bit tricky. Maybe you should add a fxVersion only on the resolve screen and not on edit screens. There is no option to make it mandatory just on Edit screens. If you make it mandatory, you will need it when you create as well and that doesn't help normally.

Another option is to prevent Editing (entirely) after the issue is resolved.

fabby August 7, 2012

i think jira is not flexible enough,waiting for advancement for it.

fabby August 15, 2012

Behaviours plugin can implement it. In the behaviours can make a field Required and add a condition (workflow action /workflow step).

beside behaviours plugin, is it possilbe to use workflow step properties? i only find jira.issue.editable is the nearest available ,but this property is for all fields,not one specified property.

0 votes
fabby August 5, 2012

can jira set field's different behaviours according to workflow states like Clear Quest?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events