license jira upgrade from 4.4.3 to 5.1.8

cisco December 11, 2012

We are trying to upgrade our Jira version from 4.4.3 to 5.1.8

But what we are seen on the screen is the need to upgrade the license, is strictly necessary?

The message is : "The current license is too old to install this version of JIRA"

Waiting for a feedback,
Kind regards.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2012

Yes, you will have to generate a new license for JIRA5 and apply that. You can do it pretty easily from my.atlassian.com. Check out licensing FAQ for moew details.

cisco December 11, 2012

Renew | Upgrade | Download JIRA | Download Source | View Developer License

which of those?

is it free of charge?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2012

Depends on what you've got already.

The license you were using allows you support and upgrades during the period you have paid for. After that period, you can upgrade to any version of Jira that was released before your license end-date, but not afterwards. For example, if your licence is expired between the release dates of Jira 5.1 and Jira 5.2, you could upgrade to 5.1 but not 5.2. I suspect that's what's happened to you, and you'll need a new licence.

I'd choose "renew" from the options to begin with - that makes it clear that you're trying to renew rather than buy a fresh one, but if you've not paid maintenance for a long time, you may need a new one. The renewal process should tell you (and prompt a conversation with Atlassian if needed)

cisco December 11, 2012

thank u so much

Suggest an answer