jjupin how to access customfield values while still on create screen

Hi

we need to show/hide a custom field on CREATE SCREEN based on value of other customfield.

our driving customfield is a Radio Buttons based on its value we would like to show/hide other fields.

im trying to implement this with routines lfwatch/lfShow/lfHide

my problem is how do i access the current value of the radioButton field?

the radio button field is Gender = "customfield_11401"

i already tried  argv["Gender"] , argv["customfield_11401"] but it doesnt seem to work.

TIA,

eric

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Eric,

You need to use the lfInstantHook routine to access the fields on create screen. Here you can find more details about it: 

http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/JJUP30/lfInstantHook

MainScript.sil

lfInstantHook({"Gender"}, "Hook.sil");

Hook.sil

lfWatch("Gender", { "Gender" }, "Watch.sil");

Watch.sil

// use argv["Gender"] to access the CFs referenced in the Hook.sil lfWatch.

Regards,

Silviu

Hi Silviu, since i want to monitor the value change on customfield Gender, I combined lfwatch/lfInstanthook routines. thanks a lot. eric

Yes, that's the full "recipe". I have updated the answer to better reflect the LF flow if anyone else needs it. Have fun with Live Fields :)

Hi  Silviu,

The solution is working but If I am creating the ticket on new tab the field is not disabling 

Sounds like something is not working properly. What's your JIRA version and browser? Alexandra, can you have a look on this?

Hi,

Indeed, this should not happen. We haven't made changes in live fields in the last period, so, please tell us the JIRA/JJUPIN versions. 

Thank you,
Alexandra 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 3 hours ago in Confluence

Calling all marketing teams who use Confluence - we want to hear from you!

Hi Community! me again 🙂 If you’re a marketing team using Confluence, we want to hear your story! How did you start using Confluence? What are your use cases? What have been some of the benefits?...

25 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you