jjupin how to access customfield values while still on create screen

eric anier
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2015

Hi

we need to show/hide a custom field on CREATE SCREEN based on value of other customfield.

our driving customfield is a Radio Buttons based on its value we would like to show/hide other fields.

im trying to implement this with routines lfwatch/lfShow/lfHide

my problem is how do i access the current value of the radioButton field?

the radio button field is Gender = "customfield_11401"

i already tried  argv["Gender"] , argv["customfield_11401"] but it doesnt seem to work.

TIA,

eric

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2015

Hi Eric,

You need to use the lfInstantHook routine to access the fields on create screen. Here you can find more details about it: 

http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/JJUP30/lfInstantHook

MainScript.sil

lfInstantHook({"Gender"}, "Hook.sil");

Hook.sil

lfWatch("Gender", { "Gender" }, "Watch.sil");

Watch.sil

// use argv["Gender"] to access the CFs referenced in the Hook.sil lfWatch.

Regards,

Silviu

eric anier
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2015

Hi Silviu, since i want to monitor the value change on customfield Gender, I combined lfwatch/lfInstanthook routines. thanks a lot. eric

Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2015

Yes, that's the full "recipe". I have updated the answer to better reflect the LF flow if anyone else needs it. Have fun with Live Fields :)

AkashD June 23, 2016

Hi  Silviu,

The solution is working but If I am creating the ticket on new tab the field is not disabling 

Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2016

Sounds like something is not working properly. What's your JIRA version and browser? Alexandra, can you have a look on this?

Alexandra Topoloaga
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2016

Hi,

Indeed, this should not happen. We haven't made changes in live fields in the last period, so, please tell us the JIRA/JJUPIN versions. 

Thank you,
Alexandra 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events