jira configure tests server for plugin development

Angelo Diego Crabolu May 8, 2014

I'm developing a plugin, I've configured dbconfig.xml with our sql server test server. Everything works fine except that when I do an altas-clear I have to copy again the file by hand and reinstall all the plugins and copy by hand jtds drivers, is there a way to do that automatically?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

Hi Angelo,

Copying files is something you can integrate in your build proces. Maven has a plugin that allows you to copy files from one directory to another:

http://evgeny-goldin.com/wiki/Copy-maven-plugin

You can for instance store the dbconfig.xml in a temp directory and include it in your target directory once the clean step has been done.

Angelo Diego Crabolu May 11, 2014

the anwer is perfect for the original question but I modified it to add the need of having a series of plugins installed

BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2014

Can you give more information on you project structure? Do you wanna install multiple plugin-ins within the same project? Does each plugin had it's own project and separate maven config?

BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

Hi Angelo,

Have a look at this tool:

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/atlas-create-home-zip

This command allows you to create a zip from your current JIRA home directory and your zip package will be deployed everytime you run your JIRA server with: atlas-run.

BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

Just make sure that your dbconfig.xml is also packaged in the JIRA home directory zip and it will be available when needed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events