java.sql.sqlexception network error ioexception connection timed out connect

I was getting the below error message in logs file where our JIRA instance is hosted and crowd page was unable to open and so jira was also not opening. This issue happend twice in a week and its get fixed automatically within an hour or so however I would like to know the cause of this error and steps to prevent this in future. "java.sql.sqlexception network error ioexception connection timed out connect"

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

It's a problem with your network.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Surviving+Connection+Closures might help improve Jira's response to the fault, but you probably need to talk to your network engineers and DBAs to find out why the connection is being lost.

How can I stop and start JIRA

Depends on how you've installed it. You should consult the documentation for your version, or the team that maintain the server.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

107 views 4 8
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you