cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Bamboo
  • Questions
  • integrating automated testing into a continuous integration build, for a Flex/AIR application, is the need to execute the Flash Player or AIR environment to produce test results

integrating automated testing into a continuous integration build, for a Flex/AIR application, is the need to execute the Flash Player or AIR environment to produce test results

PeteS March 2, 2014
One of the challenges of integrating automated testing into a continuous integration build, for a Flex/AIR application, is the need to execute the Flash Player or AIR environment to produce test results. Both the Flash Player and AIR environment currently require windowing environments to execute Flex/AIR applications correctly; which might not be installed on the CI server. Most installations of CI solutions are made on Linux machines not running a windowing environment, such as X-Windows. Because of the requirement to execute the Flash Player and AIR in a windowed environment, it is not possible to execute a CI build on these types of installations unless the dependencies for a windowing environment have been installed. In addition to this dependency, an intermediate process is required to redirect windowing output to an emulated display. I am pretty sure I am running into the problem described above, I am able to build the application from my Desktop, However I am getting the following error when the test target is executed in my Bamboo server. Do you have any suggestion about how to setup bamboo+flexunit in my CI Server to properly run unit test? I know there are some workarounds to setup flexunit in jenkins, which involve installing a XVNC plugin.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2014

When we run integration tests for Bamboo we face very similar problem.

Our WebDriver tests are running in a real web browser that is crawling Bamboo UI. This is of course run on a headless machine.

In order to make this work we use xvfb tool which basically creates virtual display available for use for all X-Windows applications starting from simple ones as xterm ending on chrome or firefox. Xvfb is available as a package for all existing Linux distros, so there should no be problem with availability of this tool for your installation.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events