instructional text show up in search results

I've used instructional text in the top of several pages. When viewing the page normally the instructional text is of course hidden. But when using the search function, the instructional text show up in the search result, just below the page name. Is there a way to hide the instructional text from the search result? or is there another way of putting hidden text on pages, that isn't included in the search results?

5 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

Hi Tom - this is indeed a bug and I have raised the report for you. Here it is if you would like to follow it https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-29779

Can you advise what version of Confluence you are running?

Unfortunately we don't currently have a way of hiding any text from the search results. Even text that is hidden from page view by the excerpt macro still gets picked up by search results.

If you don't want your users to get confused with instructional text, perhaps you could use the warning or info macro to remind contributers to update the status of the project before finishing editing?

0 votes
Peter Koczan Atlassian Team Jun 20, 2013

Hi Tom,

Can you clarify how did you place the instructional text on the page? Is it in a macro or..?

Thanks,

Peter

Sorry for not having responded yet.
I placed the instructional text in the top of a template with information to the page editors, such as "always remember to update the status of the project". The text show correctly only when editing the page. But unfortunately it does show up on the search results. I'snt there a way to hide instructional text from the search results?

The problem is on the current Confluence ondemand version.

testing 123 :# :3

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published 3 hours ago in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

40 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you