i18n plugin localization

Radek Kantor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2011

Hi,

I want to use own i18n plugin localization. When I wrote loc_cs_CZ.properties file as equivalent to english localization in loc.properties everything looks fine, but if user change language profile back to english (or the other language), original english labels will not populate back.

What Im doing wrong, or need register some additional resources?

Thx for help,

RK

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Radek Kantor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2011

It is my own plugin for JIRA 4.1.2, where in atlassian-plugin.xml I have

<resource type="i18n" name="i18n" location="i18n.messages" />

and in resources folder I have localization files

i18n/messages.properties

i18n/messages_cs_CZ.properties

If I remove cs, english labels are shown, but Im not albe to have these two localizations together.

Problem solved.

0 votes
Tino Winkler [Communardo] March 7, 2013

Just stumbled over the same problem in JIRA 4.4.

• My system is locale is German (de).
  • The default locale configured in JIRA is English (UK).
  • I have two propertiy files: messages.properties (default/fallback) and messages_de.properties (German)
  • When selecting, e.g. French, JIRA would not fall back to the default properties (messages.properties) but, in my case, to the german ones (messages_de.properties). So instead of using the configured English locale, the German locale was used.

Changing the locale used by the JVM as described here fixed the problem.

0 votes
Phuoc Ngo October 29, 2012

In resources folder I have 2 files

note_plugin_en.properties

note_plugin_fr.properties

And I have 2 button for users to change the language. I dont know how to change the display language when users click on buttons. Can you give me some suggestion ?

Im working on JIRA 5.0.

Thank you.

0 votes
Phuoc Ngo September 27, 2012

Can you show me how ?

Radek Kantor
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2012

It was some issue/bug in JIRA 4.1. If I installed JIRA with selecting cs_CZ as my default location in instalation process and than try change to en, it used my cs_CZ properties as primary. Try over-ride the default locale used by the JVM: -Duser.language=en -Duser.country=US (add into the some setenv, properties startup JIRA file) The other way is reinstal all application.

0 votes
Alexander Johannes
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2011

In what product (JIRA, Confluence) and what kind of plugin are you trying to localize? Without that information, we can only guess, what you are trying to do.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events