howto change fisheye database name ?

Hi !

I run and administer fisheye 2.10.1. My predecessor set the database to 'fisheye_2101' ...

I am not sure it is a good thing to include version in current active database name... as database schema is going to be upgraded when fisheye gets updated so the name isn't going to reflect the schema version anymore. So before trying and upgrade, I want to revert back to more common name like 'fisheye'. Here is what I did so far:

- stopping fisheye

- copy fisheye_2101 to fisheye (using phpmyadmin)

- Now what ? Do I have to edit config.xml to change to the new database name and start fisheye ? I didn't find anything in the documentation about that.

I tried to change the database reference from the UI but can't save the settings (I can only hit "save and migrate").

Thanks !

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Martin,

I suppose you are using Mysql (Phpmyadmin).

I think the best is to rename directly your DB and change your fisheye config file.

1- stop fisheye

2- rename your db

3- change the reference to the new name in server.xml

4- start fisheye

Hi ! I'm using Mysql (I specified it in query meta words but I shoud have mentionned it in the text).

Did you edit your server.xml to point on your new DB name ? (or ROOT.xml)

N'hésites pas à me contacter !

Thank you. I have succeeded with the steps you provided, but I haven't used "RENAME" MySQL statement as warned in am using an earlier version of MySQL)

I did a copy of the database instead !

yes, I have updated the file config.xml to the new database name !

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Jason Wong
Published 29m ago in Agility Beta

Welcome to agility

Every team in the world is unique, and so   Atlassian believes   that each and every team's best way of working   must be molded to their unique circumstances  – type of s...

11 views 1 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot