how to set a Bank Hour

Eyal Cohen July 13, 2013

Hi,

Our customers, buy a specific amount of hours for our projects.

If the project takes more that the paid amount of hours - we ask them to buy some more hours.

I'm trying to find a way in Jira to store the amount of purrchased hours, and then to have automatically the number of hours left for the customer (by using the log hour function).

this way, I can see if the customer is running low of hours and contact him for an approval for more hours in advance.

I couldn't found a way to do so in Jira....

please assist.

Thanks,

Eyal

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2013

Create a JIRA ticket for each project and set the estmated hours as the puchased hour. You can then log time as usual and the remaining estimate will show the remaining time.

You can also create a filter to show projects with remaining hours less than a specified number and subscribe to it for notifications or add it in the dashboard.

Eyal Cohen July 13, 2013

Thanks!

Well, you're right. but the thing is that I have many customers, and for each I have many different tasks.

the way I think it will be best - I have one jira ticket for each customer, and I open a sub-task for each project.

this way I get a very clear picture of all the customers and all the sub projects.

the problem is that if I set the estimated hours in the main task - it doesn't work well when logging hours in the sub tasks....

Hope it makes sense.

Eyal

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2013

To see aggregated times for your issue plus all of its sub-tasks, ensure that the Include sub-tasks check box is selected.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Logging+Work+on+an+Issue

Suggest an answer