how to remove the 'allow sharing' check box in the edit blog mode in confluence ?

Karl Daly January 28, 2014

hi Guys,

I want to remove the allow sharing check box (in the edit blog mode), which when checked shares content on facebook, twitter and google sharing, this is an option that my organisation does not want for security reasons. Just not clicking the check box is not a valid option we want to remove altogether. Can anybody help me with this ? I've provided a screen shot below of the check-box.

Thanks in advance,

Karl

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2014

Hello Karl,

You can use Firebug inspect element or any other browserdeveloper tool as means to get to the element name for that checkbox.

Later, please refer to our styling guide and add {display:none; visibility:hidden;} next to the element/container name.

Hope this helps you to get started with such task!

Karl Daly January 30, 2014

thanks Guilherme,

Is it the same if the blog is part of refined wiki ?

spaces/refinedwiki/edit-blog.action

0 votes
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2014

I'm not sure, but maybe this plugin could help you without disabling the feature:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/confluence.extra.noemailstorm

0 votes
Karl Daly February 3, 2014

Hello

This is a solution that worked for me , just removed the check box .

i added this code to Confluence admin > look and feel > stylesheet

#rw_form_allowSharing
{
display:none;

}

(Note that the title and help text will still be there)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events