how to get rid of "issue.field.resolutiondate" in history??

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2013

what i did so far:

1. uninstall Charting plugin
  2. rm -rf indexes/*
  3. rm -rf work/*

when jira is back online i still see issue.field.resolutiondate in the issues history.

how come this could be when this should be related to the Charting Plugin?

i really want to get rid of it cause this is kinda annoying

i already raised a support case back then in ${no_clue} and all i know atlassian created JRA-26274 from it...

any ideas please?

cheers

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2013

It used to be part of the charting plugin but is now part of core jira.

Think you would need to override com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.CustomFieldType#getChangelogString to hide it, or the equivalent for system fields.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2013

hmmm yes i've read about the switch from chart plugin to jira core...

can you please tell me what to do exactly to get it removed?

thanks in advance

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2013

yeah thats what i am goin to do...waiting. the JRA i posted was created in '11.

must be a bunch of bugs with high priority to get down fixing lower issues i guess.

thanks nic

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2013

You need to write some code.

Either something that removes the field from the core entirely, or just some tweaks in the field .vm to amend the history display so it simply doesn't show it. Whatever approach you take, it's hacking the core of Jira to surpress it. I'd be strongly tempted to ignore it until Atlassian fix it (which is more likely to be simply making the display nicer, rather than removing it)

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2013

I don't think this resolutiondate is related to that plugin. In the table JIRAISSUE you have this field as well so it seems to be a standard field like Created or Updated.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2013

ok...some research resluts pointed on that plugin...

i saw it in that table before...i am wondering why this is not happening on one of my test instances...

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2013

From your screenshot, it seems that the resolution date change (old value and new value) in your Test instance do you have also issues where the resolution date changed?

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2013
How come the date changes if the issue never had a resolution date set?
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2013

I think the date is set everytime a Issue Resolved event is triggered

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2013

yes. on a new created issue the resolution event has never been triggered before.

but if i do resolve it i get this one..

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2013

we nailed it down to the database.

this won't show up if the database is Postgresql.

if it is mysql for some reason (atlassian is investigating) you will get this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events