how to display the results based on selected values from select box?

SKR December 16, 2013

Hi,

can any one answer my question with example?

I would like to display the result on change of select box value and even in the select options will also come from database.

1. how to display the mysql records in select box?

2. how do I display the mysql results onchange of select box options?

ex: I have 3 different countries in select box like(India, Dubai & London)

when I select India it should retrieve all major city names from India, similer it aplicables for rest of the options.

Regards

Sudhu

3 answers

0 votes
SKR January 16, 2014

Hi

I found the answer

here is the documentation

· Go to the page where you want to add drop box

· Click on edit page

· Click on Insert

· Select "Other Macros"

· Choose "Run with user form and parameters"

· On the right side of the popup window enter necessary fields.

· Eg :

· Unique id for this run macro instance = name of the macros

· Replace parameter list = " {run:autorun=true|heading=Heading text|prompt=Prompt text|titleRun=Submit|help=help page| replace=g2::hidden value:Hidden description:hidden,s1::?Location:select::India::Dubai::England"

Text which is highlighted in blue are optional parameters.

Text which is highlighted in green replace - parameters, this parameter will act like dummy parameters and some times it must be declared with any value(but hidden field will be preferred) and some times it is not required.

Text which is highlighted in red is actually the parameters for the select box, which can only be static values and it should correspond to the values in the database and is not case sensitive.

{run:autorun=true|heading=Heading text|prompt=Prompt text|titleRun=Submit|help=help page| replace=g2::hidden value:Hidden description:hidden, s1::?Location:select::India::Dubai::England

{run:autorun=true|heading=Heading text|prompt=Prompt text|titleRun=Submit|help=help page| replace= g2::hidden value:Hidden description:hidden, s1::?Location:select::india:India:dubai:Dubai:England:London

0 votes
SKR December 22, 2013

Hi

I found the answer

here is the documentation

· Go to the page where you want to add drop box

· Click on edit page

· Click on Insert

· Select "Other Macros"

· Choose "Run with user form and parameters"

· On the right side of the popup window enter necessary fields.

· Eg :

· Unique id for this run macro instance = name of the macros

· Replace parameter list = " {run:autorun=true|heading=Heading text|prompt=Prompt text|titleRun=Submit|help=help page| replace=g2::hidden value:Hidden description:hidden,s1::?Location:select::India::Dubai::England"

Text which is highlighted in blue are optional parameters.

Text which is highlighted in green replace - parameters, this parameter will act like dummy parameters and some times it must be declared with any value(but hidden field will be preferred) and some times it is not required.

Text which is highlighted in red is actually the parameters for the select box, which can only be static values and it should correspond to the values in the database and is not case sensitive.

{run:autorun=true|heading=Heading text|prompt=Prompt text|titleRun=Submit|help=help page| replace=g2::hidden value:Hidden description:hidden, s1::?Location:select::India::Dubai::England

{run:autorun=true|heading=Heading text|prompt=Prompt text|titleRun=Submit|help=help page| replace= g2::hidden value:Hidden description:hidden, s1::?Location:select::india:India:dubai:Dubai:England:London

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2013

Hi,

You can use this plugin

JIRA Database Values Plugin

, it' free and you can do what you want

SKR December 16, 2013

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

Actually I'm using RUN and Scaffolding plugin to get this done but I do not know how to start with it as I'm a beginner.

Will give it a try and get back to you.

Regards

Sudhu

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events