how to customize assign screen ?

my jira version is 4.4.1

i need to add 'Due date' field on the "Assign" screen.but i can't find the option to do this.

5 answers

1 accepted

hi Renjith,

how can i disable the default Assign operation? i don't know which System Plugin has the assign-issue module ?

Fabby,

Go to System Plugins, Expand "Issue Operations Plugin" and disable "View Issue Ops Bar Assign Link" which is same as "assign-issue" which Jobin mentioned.

David Currie Atlassian Team Jan 01, 2014

This is located in Administration > Add-ons > Manage Add-ons > Change 'User Installated' to 'System'.

Hi Chen,

The field can be added to the screen that you have associated with this project.

Regards,

sap

hi Sap,

are you sure?

this Assign Screen is not like the Create,Edit,Resolve or Close..workflow screen ,it is not configurable. i.e. can not add system or custom field on the screen.

Hi Chen,

I agree with Renjiths option.I misunderstood your requirement.You can do this as he said by making the assign as a part of your workflow.

Regards,

sap

Hi Chen,

Do u want to disable the assign tab that u see as default on the jira page--i mean the issue.

hi,sap

i just to hide the default assign option on issue page,because i have add assign transition to workflow.there may be duplicate

Hi Chen,

usually its a permission given to a group in the respective project that lets them see it.If you want to hide it remove or modify the permission as it suits your requirement.Should help.

Issue Operations Plugin in system plugin, .

View Issue Ops Bar Assign Link

(assign-issue)

yes,it also affect all projects.but Assign Issues and Assignable User Permission is still useful,i just hide the default Assign Option,and use Assign transtion in workflow instead

But wouldnt it also disable the same for the users in other projects(who may need it) and be a problem later on

Did this help?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

57 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you