how do i delete my atlassian account

how do i delete my atlassian account?

4 answers

An account was created for me as part of getting a free license for SourceTree. However, there was nothing shown to me about the consequences of creating this account. Seems to me that if this account can't be removed by the user, people should be warned about this _before_ they do it, not discover this _after_ the fact.

2 votes

Contact Atlassian support.

How? If you open a support issue/ticket you have to chose an atlassian product, of which ther is none named "Atlassian ID".

Select any of them.

We're working on improving the UX here. We should have a general question category.

I contacted support (selecting "any of them"), and heard back: According to them it's impossible to delete an Atlassian ID, because they need the accounts for "license auditing" or something silly.

Actually, that sounds reasonable to me. You'd want to retain basic contact details, otherwise your auditors would be questioning where the money came from. I know of at least one arrest in a company I worked for because someone deleted audit data.

They should be able to mark it inactive in some way though.

You try telling a tax man "some people gave us money for our software, but we've deleted all record of who they were and what they bought".  Yes, that's clever.

figured it out.  it was for a new account that i made so there was no info to keep

Yes, that delete the access. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Jason Wong
Published 8 hours ago in Agility Beta

Welcome to agility

Every team in the world is unique, and so   Atlassian believes   that each and every team's best way of working  needs to  be molded to their unique circumstances  – ...

181 views 3 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot