how do i delete an issue?

Ian Mumford June 9, 2017

I created an issue to practice using JIRA into a live system but now its and extra epic i dont need and want to get rid of it how would i go about this?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2017

Dear Ian,

You can simply delete an issue when you are on the page of an Issue. Press ''More'' and ''Delete''.

You do need the required permissions to remove the issue though, if you do not have those.. you will not be able to delete it.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/managing-project-permissions-861253293.html

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy Mooiman

Ian Mumford June 9, 2017

Jeremy,

Thankyou for your feedback, however unfortunalty that option is not open to be there is no delete button. Is this only available as an administrator as i only have user priviledges.

Kindest Regards,

Ian

Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2017

Dear Ian,

Then the following is going on here;

The project does not allow your role (user?) to delete issues. So unfortunately, you will have to ask someone in a role who is able to remove your issue to do so.

Delete issues

Permission to delete issues. Think carefully about which groups or project roles you assign this permission to; usually it will only be given to administrators. Note that deleting an issue will delete all of its comments and attachments, even if the user does not have the Delete Comments or Delete Attachments permissions. However, the Delete Issues permission does not include the ability to delete individual comments or attachments.

If you found my answers helpful, feel free to upvote.

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2017
0 votes
SD Kilmetz January 11, 2019

i am supposed to be the scrum master on the project and i need to assume the role of the administrator - how do i obtain that?

this is a real pain that i simply cant delete an issue i created as a test to learn about your tool.

do i need to:

1 - ask someone at jira to do this for me, now and going forward?

2 - create an entire new project every time i make a mistake?

3 - get admin rights

please help.

Suggest an answer