how can i grant a limited access to my client to one projet ? (just their project).

Christophe Dubernet de Boscq February 4, 2013

how can i grant a limited access to my client to one projet ? (just their project).

Because if i create a new account, the new user can see all the project and it is a problem.

Thank you for your answer.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2013

You need to strip out the usage of the "login" group from your permission schemes.

By default, Jira has a group called "jira users", which is used to mean "can log in". It's then used by default in the permission schemes, which is a very bad example, because by the time you realise you want to do something like this, you've got it all over the place.

Anyway, set up another group, say "actual users", and put everyone in it. Go through your permission schemes, adding "actual users" in whereever you find "jira users". Then remove "jira users" from the permissions.

Finally, remove your limited-access account from "actual users", and then add them into the project via a role or single-account access.

Christophe Dubernet de Boscq February 10, 2013

Thank you! Perfect!

Jake Joraanstad September 16, 2014

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events