hipchat scrollbar doesn't display

Using HipChat Version 4.25.0.683 on MacOS X 10.10.5, the conversation scrollbar never displays. (the room /person scrollbar does display). On the laptop or with a standard Mac keyboard, the arrow keys work fine to scroll up and down, or the mousepad but at work I have an ergonomic keyboard by Microsoft, and nothing works to scroll the window up. Some of the rooms I monitor talk a lot, so this is a problem. 

Any solution? I looked for key shortcuts, and at the keyboard's doc, no luck there.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

@Mysti Berry - There are a couple things you can try:

1. Scrollbars can sometimes behave oddly if you have your scrollbars set to display "automatically based on mouse/trackpad". If you go to System Preferences > General, there is an option to show them either only when scrolling or always. Choosing one of those might help your situation (I run with "Always" myself).
  2. Pressing pg-up and pg-down should scroll the chat you're focused on

This widget could not be displayed.

Woohoo! Both those suggestions work. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

171 views 18 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you