Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

git + FTP File Deployment + Bamboo

Wes Rice June 1, 2013

I'm new to the Atlassian product family and I'm trying to deploy my Stash repos with Bamboo, but I can't quite figure out how to.

My desired workflow is below.

1. I make commits to my repo locally and push to Stash
  2. Bamboo polls Stash, sees updates and triggers the build
  3. My deploy plan checks out the repo
  4. Artifacts of the files that have changed in the latest git-commit are created
  5. The files are then uploaded via FTP (SCP Task) to a remote server

I've gotten everything working up to Step #4, but then I'm stuck.

Any ideas on how to achieve step #4? Am I approaching this deployment process wrong to begin with (I'm deploying a php website)?

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Wes Rice June 1, 2013

I ended up utilizing a project called git-ftp (https://github.com/ezyang/git-ftp) to upload only the changed files. So after my deploy plan checks out the repo, I call the python script using the script task and the magic happens.

No artifacts were created, but I'm cool with that.

I hope this helps someone.

1 vote
brettr-au May 15, 2014

I was stuck on the same problem, my simple build job, grab the files from the repository, wasn't producing artifacts. I had the wrong location and ant pattern. For a simple PHP project where all of your files are in the root of the repo, in the artifacts screen, leave the location blank and use the pattern **/*.* which will grab all files in all directories.

My next problem is how to get FTP deployment working :-)

Deleted user November 12, 2014

Brett, have you found any solution about scp task configuration?

I'm still stuck on it. I prepare a release artifact, with all my compiled files in it. 

I configure SCP Task and, after the deploy, the logs report everything has gone OK.

But, inside the remote folder, I have a file "r" only (it is the last uploaded one, because it overwrites every file).

Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events