getting heap out of memory java exception when converting word document to page

dandoyle212 January 10, 2013

I have tried this 4 times now and get the same result - a bunch of images are stripped from the doucment as png and added to the existing page as attachments. Nothing else is accomplished.

This is important functionality for my team. We have lots of documentation in Word DOC form that we want to add to the wiki.

Thanks,

Dan

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

Hi Dan,

It seems that you are currently encountering a bug on your instance which is logged and discussed here:

We highly recommend you to watch the bug reports so that you would be updated on it and please feel free to address your concern directly into it so that our developer would be aware of it. We have add your issue into the ticket counter of the mentioned bug report for reference. For further details on our bug fixing policy, you might want to read this page.

As a workaround you might want to use viewfile macro, or if the problematic word document has images, you might want to delete those pictures for the import process and added it later and see if it helps.

We are sorry for any inconveniences cause by this bug and we hope we would be able to fix it as soon as possible. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have further queries on this issue.

Sincerely,
Septa Cahyadiputra

dandoyle212 January 26, 2013

This was for the OnDemand version and atlassian did try to increase the heap to no avail. However, the viewfile isn't all that I wanted, but I can work with it and it is pretty nice.

0 votes
Michael S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2013
If you're still having problems as a workaround you can try splitting the doc up into smaller chunks then copy/pasting in Confluence. Sometimes large or heavily formatted docs can cause problems.
0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2013

Hi Dan,

I'm not sure you're on that bug as your logs do specify the heap size it is trying to allocate. I've modified the size, but need to restart the instance for this to take effect (as mentioned in the support ticket). Let me know there when you're ready to go and hopefully we can get this sorted for you.

Thanks,

-dave

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

Is this OnDemand or the download version? Either way, if you are getting out of memory it means the memory needs to be increased for your instance or there is a bug/exception somewhere that needs to be looked at.

How big is the word doc?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events