getting heap out of memory java exception when converting word document to page

I have tried this 4 times now and get the same result - a bunch of images are stripped from the doucment as png and added to the existing page as attachments. Nothing else is accomplished.

This is important functionality for my team. We have lots of documentation in Word DOC form that we want to add to the wiki.

Thanks,

Dan

4 answers

1 accepted

Hi Dan,

It seems that you are currently encountering a bug on your instance which is logged and discussed here:

We highly recommend you to watch the bug reports so that you would be updated on it and please feel free to address your concern directly into it so that our developer would be aware of it. We have add your issue into the ticket counter of the mentioned bug report for reference. For further details on our bug fixing policy, you might want to read this page.

As a workaround you might want to use viewfile macro, or if the problematic word document has images, you might want to delete those pictures for the import process and added it later and see if it helps.

We are sorry for any inconveniences cause by this bug and we hope we would be able to fix it as soon as possible. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have further queries on this issue.

Sincerely,
Septa Cahyadiputra

This was for the OnDemand version and atlassian did try to increase the heap to no avail. However, the viewfile isn't all that I wanted, but I can work with it and it is pretty nice.

Is this OnDemand or the download version? Either way, if you are getting out of memory it means the memory needs to be increased for your instance or there is a bug/exception somewhere that needs to be looked at.

How big is the word doc?

Hi Dan,

I'm not sure you're on that bug as your logs do specify the heap size it is trying to allocate. I've modified the size, but need to restart the instance for this to take effect (as mentioned in the support ticket). Let me know there when you're ready to go and hopefully we can get this sorted for you.

Thanks,

-dave

0 vote
If you're still having problems as a workaround you can try splitting the doc up into smaller chunks then copy/pasting in Confluence. Sometimes large or heavily formatted docs can cause problems.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: Magic Eyes

...staring into the background. Once the image pops out in 3D, you can look around the picture and enjoy. If you will see if you are a true illusion master! :) You did it? :) Wow! Awesome! As a bonus...

410 views 79 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you