fisheye 3.10.3 : how to start indexing from a given point of repository

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Re-indexing your repository

We have a problem with our repository with revision XXX. Is it possible to start indexing from the particular revision or a date? I found in documentation that this could be done by configuring Start Revision parameter. Here.

It's not understandable where one can modify the command

e.g.

svn log -r {YYYY-MM-DD}:HEAD <SVN_URL> -l 1

Thank you.

Regards

4 answers

0 votes

Hi,

The command you have found is just a way to find a revision on a given date. 

If you know the start revision, you can configure it on the administration screen of your repository:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/fisheye/subversion-298976887.html

Start Revision - If set, the revision number from which FishEye will start indexing the repository. The default is to start scanning from the first revision in the repository.

On a side note I would strongly advise to upgrade FishEye 4.2.

mac

0 votes

Hello Laura,

Please, run the command given in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE0310/Configuring+Start+Revision+based+on+date

With the revision number update the Start Revision input field in your Subversion repository.

SettingDescription

Start Revision

If set, the revision number from which FishEye will start indexing the repository. The default is to start scanning from the first revision in the repository.

More information on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE0310/Subversion

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico

Start Revision appears when you add directory. How to deal if you already configured and want to modify due to some repo issues? in my case I added repo and got an error

Repository paused due to error com.cenqua.fisheye.rep.RepositoryClientException: org.apache.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: E204900: Can't read file '/svn/reps/aaaaa/revs/x/xxxx': End of file found

I would like to restart indexing but from the e.g xxxx+1 version. Is it any way to modify this?

Thanks.

0 votes

Hi, 

You can edit repository settings. If they will require a re-index, you will be notified about this.

Go to: Administration > Repositories > [repository name] > SCM details (tab) > Start revision

mac

Found it. Started to re-index.

Thank you.

Re-indexing finished very fast ,but when I browse repository get only one commit for revision #x  that I choose as a Start revision

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 11 hours ago in Featured Groups

Are you managing your users efficiently?

Hi everyone, I am Marek, a Senior Product Manager for Crowd   Server and Data Center   here at Atlassian. I would like to spark a discussion about challenges you have with managing use...

77 views 1 2
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you