export tempo time sheet to excel

Chris Gordon November 8, 2011

How to I export Tempo time sheets to excel or csv or anything I can import into a spreadsheet which we all know many people still love to look at?

10 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2011

You can export the Tempo "reports" to Excel.

0 votes
Gaetano Giunta July 9, 2014

Thanks Shiwei for the tip. It gives good results in Excel, barely acceptable in Libreoffice, but at least it is better than nothing.

I am quite astounded that there is no "export to excel" button available after such a long time, especially given how easy it is to produce excel files using just plain html...

One more bullet in the long list of qualms I personally have with the Tempo interface - that product is really a productivity killer. Atlassian, please nuke it and implement it from scratch

0 votes
Shiwei Zhu November 9, 2013

Hi, Shahla

Just do it, use your mourse to drag across the area you want to select, even it looks like you didn't select anything, never mind, actually you already selected it.

Just try all of the steps as what I said, you will found it.

0 votes
Shahla Noori November 7, 2013

In the browser window, I cannot select the cells I want to copy (and do what Shiwei said)

How do you do it?

0 votes
Shiwei Zhu March 10, 2013

1.Use your mouse to select the area you want to copy

2.Ctrl+C

3.Open an empty excel

4.Ctrl+V

This is OK for me!

0 votes
Volodymyr Lychman April 22, 2012

I am using Jira Tempo OnDemand and I do not see 'export to excel' enywhere. There are no Views in Tempo->Team and no Tempo->Reports. Any ideas?

0 votes
Chris Gordon November 9, 2011

I was hoping to be able to export a single users time sheet from the view icon. I saw some documentation and a part of a picture showing this and thought I may need to change some configuration. What does work for us is using the team reporting and hopefully I'm just missing other features as there are many.

I have no problem reading the manuals for info but I only have 20 days to learn as much as I can about what I have found to be one of the most customizable tools I've ever worked with. If I can't make a compelling case, which unfortunately all rests with Tempo time reporting becuase of the management wish list I will not be able to bring the Atlassian stack to our SDLC which is what I really want. Personally, I don't care for time reporting, I'm not a manager. I do appricieate Tempo for those that are required to do time reporting and I'm even hoping some may embrace agile and see the benefits of Greenhopper too. Personally I don't know of better tools than Jira and either Fisheye or the Subversion plugin and custom pre-committ hooks for software change management and configuration management. Its not my decision, I can just make an argument and give reports and they love the excel reports. I can't even get them to logon and see the graphs, ugh - time to work.

0 votes
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2011

Tempo is not an Atlassian product ;)

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2011

Well, I see it under Tempo -> Reports -> Views. I thought you didn't know that it was there under reports!

0 votes
Chris Gordon November 8, 2011

I know that you can do this, I was asking how. It was not intuitive as Atlassian products usually are. Its under teams, for me Temp default team -> views -> export to excel. I hope someone else finds this helpful as I know you could do it. My question was how. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events