exclude issue types in release version

Aleks May 3, 2017

Hi Guys

We are using Xray for our Testmanagement. I set a version in the field fix version for the issue types test plan and test executions. Now the issues of these types are being displayed in the release version (and release notes). 

Is there a possibility to change the filter for the releases, that issue types for test plan, test executioen, do not appear in the releases?

Kind Regards

Aleks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marc HANICOT January 21, 2020

Intereted in the answer as well.

pspicer January 31, 2020

Was also looking for an answer to this, but it seems I'll be sticking with workarounds that have functioned fairly well in the past: either set up a separate project for testing-related tickets and put them all there instead of in the main project, or set up a separate release with a "-test" suffix or something similar. I prefer the former of these two options, but it certainly would be nice to just be able to filter these out of release notes.

Like # people like this
2 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2020

Hi,

In the current versions of both Jira Cloud and Jira Server, this is not currently possible to hide these issues from the release notes.  There is though an outstanding feature request for this ability for each platform in JRACLOUD-7835 and JRASERVER-7835 respectfully.

I would recommend that anyone that comes across this post to please vote on those issues if this is something you want to see in the product itself.  This at least helps our team to better understand the demand for new features.  You could also watch those tickets to see if these change status, which would happen if they were going to be planned to be implemented, but you might also find a work-around in the comments sometimes too.

In the meantime, I think @pspicer's comment is certainly one way to manage this, I think it might be better than the approach I was trying here. I was looking into using a security scheme as a means to try to implement this, but it's tricky. Since you can't apply a security level to a subtask, and they are inherited by the parent issue, you could setup issue security on the project to restrict all the parent issues from at least one user that can then perform the release notes creation.   However then you might have to clone all the parents, and change their security level so that user could see them.  It might be feasible, but it also might just be easier to setup another completely separate project to manage this instead.

Sorry there isn't a better answer for this right now, but I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer