error when searching for Available Upgrades, Plugins, and Jira Upgrade Check in Jira Universal Plugin Manager (UPM)

Art Snyder November 16, 2011

In my current instance of Jira 4.4.3, when I go to the Universal Plugin Manager (UPM) and select either Upgrade, Install, or Jira Upgrade Check, I receive a spinning hourglass/busy mouse pointer, and then no resulting respective search results. In the lower left status bar of the browser (currently using IE 8), notification of the error below results. Note that if I hit the link on the page for The Atlassian Plugin Exchange I am able to successfully navigate to The Atlassian Plugin Exchange at <u style="text-decoration: underline;">https://plugins.atlassian.com</u>. Note that I also receive the same behavior resulting in error if I attempt to search for a plugin from the Universal Plugin Manager from the Install Tab (same for Featured, Popular, Supported, and All Available filters).

Please let me know if there are any known issues related to these symptoms, configuration changes needed, and/or work-arounds. I am currently logged in to the system with Jira Admin rights. I have version 1.6.2 of the Universal Plugin Manager installed.

===

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
Timestamp: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 21:34:35 UTC

Line: 1077
Char: 2
Code: 0
URI: http://10.241.53.29:8080/s/en_US-t8n0vp/663/1/1.6.2/_/download/batch/com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin:plugin-manager/com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin:plugin-manager.js

7 answers

0 votes
Alex Taylor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2012

Are you accessing the web via a proxy? We had some problems getting JIRA to deal with our authenticated proxy; in the end we had to use cntlm to handle the authentication. Without this, JIRA was unable to connect to the Plugin Exchange or, bizarrely, display details of the installed plugins or install new ones from the local filesystem.

0 votes
Marcos Lima February 12, 2012

Solution: Disable internet checking.... you need an entry at tomcat server to disable plugin exchange...

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Problems+Connecting+to+the+Atlassian+Plugin+Exchange

the link above may help you ;)

Vote "up" if the answer helps you

BarthélémyH April 18, 2012

Well, that removes the problem, it doesn't solve it ;)

0 votes
Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2012

I have the same issue. In IE8, IE9 and FireFox.

0 votes
Marcos Lima January 25, 2012

The same here.. none of my browser can open the "manage plugins"

0 votes
Guillaume Rolin December 7, 2011

I have the same problem.

Any solution ?

0 votes
Art Snyder December 1, 2011

I am continuing to receive the same errors when attempting to view available or updates to plugins from the Universal Plugin Manager (UPM) within my Jira instance. As per suggestion above, I have verified that the base URL specified in the JIRA General Settings is correct. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated. For instance, are there any settings necessary to overcome any issues which may occur when behind a firewall with a company infrastructure? When I click on the link for Atlassian Plugin Exchange from the Manage Plugins page I am able to successfully launch and reach plugins.atlassian.com page, yet when the Manage Plugins page claims that the Atlassian Plugin Exchange server is not reachable when selecting the Upgrade, Install, and JIRA Upgrade Check, or the Search the Plugin Exchange box from this page.

Ideas??? Have others experienced this issue?

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2011

First thing to verify is that the base URL in your JIRA General settings is correct. If this is wrong, UPM won't be able to communicate correctly with Atlassian

Art Snyder November 16, 2011

Thank you for the suggestion, although the Base URL in JIRA General Settings appears to be set correct already. Any other ideas?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events