error log ondemand add-on's

Shavit Gur November 22, 2013

A few days after jira-ondemand was installed, I added add-on from the free list.

The installation finished with an error msg: look into the log.

I opend the log directory, and lookinto the log file: could not find any error. Further more thr Dashboard was updated. (I did re-index).

I how can I know, if there will be any problems further on?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2013

Hi Shavit,

If you have the details of the specific add-on the you added and also could include a snippet of the log file we may be able to see if there are any known issues.

It sounds as though the initialisation of the add-on may have failed initially but has since been resolved.

If you are still concerned with the stability of your instance, let us know on support.atlassian.com and we can further review your instance for any errors being produced.

Cheers,

Paul

Shavit Gur November 23, 2013

Dear Paul,

The message is gone already. There was no link to the specified LOG file.

Can you pls explain to me where is the "LOG" file, when an instlation failed?

I am not shure that I looked at the right place: \JIRA\LOG\atlassian-jira.

At this file no errors appears. anywhere else?

Thanks,

Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2013

Hi Shavit,

Let me just confirm, are you running an OnDemand instance like <instance>.atlassian.net or is this a locally installed instance?

If you are OnDemand we would need to check further by you raising a ticket in support.atlassian.com if the error message is no longer available. OnDemand users are unable to directly access instance logs.

If you are running an installed version of JIRA, you would be able to access application and server logs from the path displayed in:

cog icon > 'System' > 'System Info' > 'File Paths'

There is also a great guide available here regarding the installed JIRA logs:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=16121981

Hope that helps :)

Paul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events