end of life for classic boards

so i just got the notification that it's EOL for the classic boards. my question is: how do i know if we're using classic or the newer format ?

6 answers

1 accepted

I do have a question actually. Just to be clear - this is just a change regarding the classic boards. But we have not been using the classic boards at all. In Agile > Manage boards - we have all the boards that we are using. If i switch to classic, i see the projects. Doesn't this mean that if we're not using the classic boards, but we have agile boards, there's nothing for us to migrate, since if you remove the classic boards, we do have our agile boards ? Those are not linked in any way right, and if you remove the classic, this should have no impact on our agile boards.

Sorry for being so slow at thinking this through, been sick for the past week, brain still not awake.

Right, if you don't use Classic Boards for anything, there is nothing to migrate.

Is your instance OnDemand or Behind the Firewall?

Hi Stefanita,

The only way is to access Classic Board and see if you have data on it.

Also, here you can find more info on how to migrate it. :)

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

well the question is how do i make the difference? i have several boards, but i don't know if they are new or classic.

You will have to access 'Agile' >> 'Classic...'

If your board is there, then you are using it and will have to migrate it to JIRA Agile.

Otherwise, you don't need to worry. :)

Damn, all boards are under classic. The thing is we never used the classic interface in the first place, we were always checking things in agile - normal stuff. Oh shoot we have to migrate everything i guess.

yeah... please let us know if we can help you any further! :)

I think it's OnDemand. Not sure about it though.

can you access it via a yourwebsite.atlassian.net?

Either way, I'd suggest for you to open a ticket on SAC (support.atlassian.com) just to make sure you don't lose any data. :)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

169 views 4 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you