directory server synchronization failed

Minh Chung November 7, 2013
Upon initial synchronization and adding in my AD information. It syncs all the users and group and says sync is successful. However, after checking the status, when it tries to sync automatically again, it will say sync failed. Please see log attached.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2013

Hi Renjith,

Minh reported this to us through a SAC ticket and, after the ticket resolution, he posted this question to Answers.

Not to leave a question here unanswered, I summarise below how this was solved:

Logs:

2013-11-08 00:54:16,702 ERROR [scheduler_Worker-8]  c.a.c.d.DbCachingDirectoryPoller Error occurred while refreshing the cache for directory [ 229377 ].
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationFailedException: org.springframework.ldap.CommunicationException: GR.LOCAL:389; nested exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: GR.LOCAL:389 [Root exception is java.net.UnknownHostException: GR.LOCAL]
Caused by: org.springframework.ldap.CommunicationException: GR.LOCAL:389; nested exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: GR.LOCAL:389 [Root exception is java.net.UnknownHostException: GR.LOCAL]
Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: GR.LOCAL:389
Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: GR.LOCAL

Cause:

The LDAP search received a follow-referral to another domain controller at 'GR.LOCAL:389' but this host is unreachable due to some DNS/hosts file configuration issue.

Solution:

Disable the follow-referral property in Stash, if not required.

I understand that another possible solution would be if he could have added that domain to the hosts file.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2013

Where is the log?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events