directory server synchronization failed

Upon initial synchronization and adding in my AD information. It syncs all the users and group and says sync is successful. However, after checking the status, when it tries to sync automatically again, it will say sync failed. Please see log attached.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

Hi Renjith,

Minh reported this to us through a SAC ticket and, after the ticket resolution, he posted this question to Answers.

Not to leave a question here unanswered, I summarise below how this was solved:

Logs:

2013-11-08 00:54:16,702 ERROR [scheduler_Worker-8]  c.a.c.d.DbCachingDirectoryPoller Error occurred while refreshing the cache for directory [ 229377 ].
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationFailedException: org.springframework.ldap.CommunicationException: GR.LOCAL:389; nested exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: GR.LOCAL:389 [Root exception is java.net.UnknownHostException: GR.LOCAL]
Caused by: org.springframework.ldap.CommunicationException: GR.LOCAL:389; nested exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: GR.LOCAL:389 [Root exception is java.net.UnknownHostException: GR.LOCAL]
Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: GR.LOCAL:389
Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: GR.LOCAL

Cause:

The LDAP search received a follow-referral to another domain controller at 'GR.LOCAL:389' but this host is unreachable due to some DNS/hosts file configuration issue.

Solution:

Disable the follow-referral property in Stash, if not required.

I understand that another possible solution would be if he could have added that domain to the hosts file.

Where is the log?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

78 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you